Client: OTC drugs brand
Research method: iCode Smart test
Goal: finding the values that distinguish the brand from the competition to use them in more effective communication
- on a declarative level the client’s drug scored better than opponent 2 but worse than opponent 1, especially when it came to effectiveness
- emotionally, consumers perceive the client’s drug as notably less effective than its opponents
- but quickness of symptoms relief and the possibility of driving after intake appeared to be its competitive advantages
- Communicating effectiveness seems to be a good idea, as the client’s drug is considered more effective than opponent 2 and only slightly less effective than opponent 1.
- Communicating effectiveness will not increase sales as the drug is not perceived as such.
- Using the competitive advantages of quick symptoms relief and safety for drivers in the communication is recommended, as it is more likely to provide expected sales results.
Without iCode, the brand would not be able to examine a true consumer’s perception of the drug and hence find the values distinguishing them from their competitors. iCode results also helped with defining the target group for a new campaign – people whose job involves driving, as they are most likely to appreciate the key advantages of the client’s drug.