Research method: bioNavi Neuro Test
Research method: EEG, GSR, eye-tracking
Goal: measuring if men and women are equally emotionally engaged when watching the new Nespresso’s ad
- high engagement among women from the very beginning resulted in a positive reaction when the logo was shown
- men experienced an adverse reaction when the actor was brushed off
- the ad is substantially more appealing to women
Results by gender
- Emotional engament scores from bioNavi clearly indicate that female respondents enjoy watching scenes starring George Clooney. We observe subconscious positive reactions to almost all of the scenes with the actor. Although when an attractive woman appears (0:22), reactions become neutral. However, right after Clooney shows up again, a re-engagement is observed.
- High engagement from the very beginning influenced a positive response at the end of the ad, where the brand is shown. An ad needs to cause positive reactions when presenting the logo. Such a result might indicate a higher willingness to buy.
- Women are the perfect target group for this ad.
- Men did not appreciate George Clooney as much as women did, and their reactions mainly were neutral.
- Moreover, when an attractive female turns down Clooney, men have a strong negative reaction. It seems a male audience does not appreciate watching men being rejected.
- bioNavi emotional engagement scores indicate that the reception of previous scenes impacts the brand perception at the end when watching the logo is accompanied by negative emotions from the male audience.
- This ad will not appeal to men.